High School Academics
Curriculum that Unlocks Possibility
Grand Canyon Private Academy (GCPA) knows success is not a single destination, and that the journey can often take many turns. No matter the path, we believe in unlocking every learner's potential by meeting them where they are and helping them reach their goals.
Explore Our Courses
As students move through middle school and into high school, their work becomes increasingly independent. High school courses are designed for students targeting a four-year university, a local community college, or an immediate career.
In all course levels, students:
- Learn grade-level content
- Complete coursework that might require writing or research projects
- Tackle problems that require analytical thinking
- Participate in seminar-based instruction with a collaborative and discussion-focused approach
In AP® courses, students prepare to take the AP® exam in a particular subject. Their AP® exam score may allow them to receive college credit, as determined by the college.
Socratic Seminar Teaching Method
Through this method of teaching, students engage in guided interactions among themselves on the topic at hand. Learning happens through the interaction of the group and not through lecture. This strategy helps:
- Develop higher cognitive abilities
- Develop the ability to respond
- Develop the ability to seek clarification and defend the ideas of others
- Develop the ability of keen observation of experience and feelings and how to present them effectively
Experience College While in High School
Qualified high school students at Grand Canyon Private Academy will have access to take real college courses with the opportunity to earn an associate’s degree. This college experience opportunity extends GCPA's belief that all children should have access to a quality education that includes college and career.
A list of high school courses will be available soon.
*The Stride K12 high school catalog is a complete list of the high school courses Stride K12 provides. While GCPA offers a comprehensive selection of courses, not every Stride K12 high school course is available to GCPA students. Information on specific courses of study and available electives are provided upon enrollment. For details, please speak to an enrollment consultant during the enrollment process.